Sunday, December 21, 2008

HK City Tour & Ocean Park

So we had a day of some city tour and we visited some interesting places..

First up was some place known to me as some convention centre..
That's the HK national flower because it was first discovered there, the Bohemia

Then breakfast! :D

The Peak was next, but ya, we've been there done that..

Thereafter, we headed to what i thought was the beach but it's known as Repulse Bay.. It's a very nice place.. I wanna live there :) there was some event going on but i couldn't really figure what event.. There were people running and they look really tired, like how one would look after a marathon..

Dogs ain't allowed.. BOO!!

At the end of Repulse Bay was this place that was kinda like a temple or some sort.. Pretty interesting..

There were many statues but this was the most fun.. You have to toss your coin into the fish mouth.. If you get your coin in, you're gonna 'get good fortune' or something like that.. Sometimes it goes in and slips out again.. I got it in 3 tries :) that's already considered good!! :X

Then there was this interesting bridge called the Longevity Bridge.. Apparently, crossing the bridge once will allow you to prolong your life for 3 days.. hahahha.. Believe?

The Fishing Village was next.. We had to take some sorta boat and headed out to sea and saw people living on water.. Quite the typical 'fishermen's tour'..

What was cool was the yatches I saw!! I'm so gonna own one in the future! :P

Next stop was the Jewel place (that's what I call it anyway), where we got some sort of precious stone tour.. This place brings back memories of MI and it's houses.. hahah..

Our guide: Anna

My sister answered some question correctly and won a tiny piece of garnet..

This arrow!! could it be, THE AMAZING RACE?!?


Ocean Park is one of my favourite places of all times.. There's a combination of 2 things I love, animals and joy rides.. Nice :)
There were 2 new Pandas, and 2 days before we were there, this guy actually bit it's keeper's hand thinking it was someone else.. It's ok now.. My photos are always so tiny (I don't know why), but I made this photo super big, because it's cute :)
Wee..
There was this show where guys were showing their birds.. hahaha Really!
I've been following the progress and news of the Chinese Sturgeons that are really rare now.. Only 1000 estimated in the wild.. Ocean park had 9, until one died from a barracuda bite earlier this year.. When we were there, another one died from some virus and another one fell sick too.. The park opened a new aquarium for these fishes but it was still under construction so we didn't get to see them..
This is a stupid barracuda, probably the one that bit the Chinese Sturgeon..

I conquered the Abyss again!! Woo hoo!

I bought this photo thingy that's suppose to cheat tourist off their money.. I was a willing party, it's going on my wall :)

No comments: