Wednesday, August 4, 2010

sharing session 2: MI-kids these days

Hello, i'm outta camp today for a special reason.. Had to go back to MI for a sharing session with the students about NS.. This si my 2nd sharing session to mass audience of students, first time being in Tekong itself.. I was appalled at the weird questions they dared to ask.. Questions like : 'What if diplomacy and good relationships between countries don't last, won't we be doomed?' and another 'Why can't NS be voluntary?' OMG. Questions I clearly wasn't expecting.. Thankfully I had LTC Razali, no idea who he is but he was the senior officer there for that session.. I only answered the noobie questions like 'Is the food in Army nice?' and 'How do you get selected for OCS?'.. O well, bottom line, WEIRD and it felt rather scary on stage in a sense that I was afraid I would say the wrong things hahaha .. Kids these days, or is it Kids in MI these days?

Going back to MI was rather interesting.. It's a blast from the past.. The first thing I did was to go to General Office and from there The senior officer and Myself were kinda 'looked after' by VP and OM. Principal Mr Tan came once in a while to speak to us.. simply sitting in a spot exposed myself to so many teachers that recognized me.. haha, a little funny to be in uniform and seeing them but ya it went well.. The whole process made me feel like I was some big shot.. Entering the MPH, and already all the students were ready just waiting for us to start.. cool..

Today's been a rather disturbing yet interesting day.. NS really brings you to places and you do things that you will probably never get to do again.. O well, my next sharing session is in a few weeks time to another group of JC students.. hopefully, I won't feel so awkward anymore :D

No comments: