Friday, September 25, 2009

NOW I KNOW :D

F1 fever starts today! woo hoo, went out with my OCS platoon mates for an afternoon out, kinda to celebrate Elson's birtday as well hahaha, had great fun, especially with the waitress from New York New York at City Link Mall.. Something about 'Pussy shit' hahaha! After the so called outing, Mark Lui fetched Guang and myself home.. Went for a walk with taisho and came back to cook! it's been some time since I last cooked, and I whipped up a storm today! ok not that good, but still, I made really nice bacon,unagi and soba ;D I know it's easy peasy but still, I'm happy to have made them :)
I was thinking ahead for mid autumn festival and realised that I always see this thingy that I can never name and can never tell what the heck it is until today! :)
According to the above webby:
'water caltrop = horned water chestnut = Jesuit nut = ling kio = ling chio = ling kok = ling jiao Latin: Trapa bicornis Notes: This black nut bears an unmistakable resemblance to a bull's head. Each one is about two inches across, and has a very hard shell. After you shell water caltrops, you'll need to steam or boil them before you can eat them as they contain harmful toxins in their raw state. Or you can skip eating them altogether, and just use them to make jewelry. Substitutes: water chestnuts (crunchier and sweeter)'
TA DOH!

No comments: